Social Services

Cavalier County Location

324 7th Ave PO Box 630

Langdon, ND 58249

Telephone: (701) 256- 2175

Fax: (701) 256-2179


Pembina County Location

300 Boundary Rd W #3

Cavalier, ND 58220

Telephone: (701) 265-8441

Fax: (701) 265-8058


Walsh County Location

Chase Building 516 Cooper Ave

Grafton, ND 58237

Telephone: (701) 352-5111

Fax: (701) 352-5060



Northern Valley Human Service Zone makes every effort to insure that confidentiality is maintained in regards to a client’s situation and services provided to the client. Clients are asked, however, to sign an Authorization to Release Information so that information can be acquired on behalf of the client, or so that services can be coordinated with other providers of service to them.

Mission Statement

To provide quality, efficient and effective human services which improve the lives of people.

Civil Rights Statement

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs. The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any

USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. 


To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:


For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:


To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: 

HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights,
Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., 

Washington, D.C. 20201 


 call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or
(800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Toll Free Numbers and Links to Various Services

  • North Dakota Department of Human Services 1-800-472-2622
  • Aging Services 1-855-462-5465
  • Children and Family Services 1-800-245-3736
  • Economic Assistance 1-800-755-2716
  • Medical Services 1-800-155-2604
  • ND Child Support 1-800-755-2671
  • Lake Region Child Support 1-888-906-5374
  • Lake Region Human Service Center 1-888-607-8610
  • Ask-A-Nurse (24 hours) 1-800-552-0190
  • Domestic Violence 1-800-472-2911
  • Housing Discrimination 1-800-424-8590
  • North Dakota Job Service (Devils Lake) 1-800-247-0982
  • Legal Aide of ND 1-800-634-5263
  • Mental Health Services 1-800-755-2719
  • Red Cross 1-800-252-6747
  • Senior Info Services 1-800-832-0120
  • Social Security Administration 1-800-772-1213
  • Substance Abuse Services 1-800-642-6042
  • Suicide Prevention 1-800-472-2911
  • Vulnerable Adult Protective Services 1-855-462-5465
  • To report suspected child abuse and/or neglect, please call 1-833-958-3500


To apply for services, go to (click on apply for help tab)

Financial Assistance 

Home and Community Based Services

Children and Family Services

Zone Board Members:

  • Stanley Dick, Chairperson
  • Debra Fraser, Vice-Chairperson
  • Karen Anderson, Member
  • Manny Doyle, Member
  • Amy Kram, Member
  • Janne Myrdal, Member
  • Steph Welsh, Member
  • Ann West, Member

Employees Walsh County Location

Contact Information

Chase Building
516 Cooper Avenue
Grafton, ND 58237
(701) 352-5111
Fax (701) 352-5060

Childcare information

Childcare licensing is required for anyone providing care to more than 5 children or more than 3 infants under 2 years of age. Licensed providers can participate in the Child Care Assistance Program, if they care for children who qualify, and the USDA Food Program.


For more information or if interested in becoming a licensed provider please visit


Parents seeking licensed childcare can access information regarding local providers by accessing the Find Child Care link on the Child Care Aware of North Dakota website at:


Aging and Senior Resources for Communities in North Dakota: and


Example Subtitle

Office Hours


8 AM - 4:30 PM


8 AM - 4:30 PM


8 AM - 4:30 PM


8 AM - 4:30 PM


8 AM - 4:30 PM